As a new year starts, plenty of people have made their own resolutions and goals they want to achieve this year. One goal of mine was to relaunch my blog, and become a better blogger as a whole.
I relaunched on January the 1st, and to become a better blogger, I want you to be able to really get to know me, Lily, the girl behind the blog.
So without further ado, here’s 12 things you (probably) didn’t know about me:
1. I’m half Filipina, born in Lowestoft, grew up in Spain, moved to Belfast, and now living in Norwich. So… I guess you could say I get around!!!
2. Melissa Jayne Porter is my real name. Actually, it’s only Melissa Porter as Jayne was given to me as an afterthought (thanks mum & dad!). Lily is a nickname given to me by my nanny and grampa when I was little, and only close family would use it.
3. By day I work in Recruitment. I started off recruiting for Trades & Labour, before moving onto Security, then IT. Now I’m an Internal Recruiter for a Recruitment Agency and loving life 🙂
4. I’ve never been to Pizza Hut. Yep. Shock. Horror. My parents never took me as a kid, they don’t have Pizza Hut in Spain, and I guess I’ve just never gone since I moved back to the UK…
5. I suffer severely with emetophobia – a fear of vomiting. I’m terrified if it’s me, another human, baby, dog, cat, anything that can puke… I’m outta here. (More on this coming up in another post)
6. I once interviewed DJ Fresh. And made a tit of myself. One of my questions was to ask him about his earlier days with drum & bass group Bad Company, but instead I said Bad Manners… which is a ska band, and nothing even remotely close… *major facepalm*. He did laugh though. I think…
7. Arts & crafts is my favourite way to relax. I love to paint, design, draw and make stuff, and for me it’s the best way to wind down. Only problem is… I’m not very good, so most of the time I stick to a colouring book!
8. I’m also a VoiceOver artist in my spare time. I’ve been voicing since I was 19, and have worked on all kinds of projects, from demo videos to commercials, audio books and apps.
9. I don’t drink. Well, OK, I’m not teetotal, but it’s very rare that I will have an alcoholic drink when I go out. The odd time I might have one Kopparberg, or a white wine, but that’s it. Most of the time you’ll find me sipping mocktails, or soft drinks when I go out. (More on this coming soon)
10. Cats, owls, and sea otters are my favorite animals. I also have a weird love for animal paws/hands, especially cats, bunnies, and little sea otter hands!!
11. I’m a stationary hoarder. I love pens, writing pens, colouring pens, calligraphy… the list goes on. I also continuously buy notebooks I know I’ll never use because I don’t want to make a mistake on a page, then “ruin” the whole thing…
12. I was in Game of Thrones. I was in one episode as an extra for about 3 seconds, and played the part of a slave prostitute. So, yeah….
That’s it! There you have 12 things about me. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, pop me a comment below or send me a tweet!