After having received such great feedback from he first edition of Behind the Blog, I’m excited to introduce my new guest for December: Gemma from An Ocean Glimmer – let’s meet her now!
“I am Gemma, the blogger behind An Ocean Glimmer, a beauty and lifestyle blog. I’m based in Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City. Alongside my blog, I am a full time University student currently studying Journalism as well as working part-time as a Sales Assistant. I have been blogging for about five years now, but I started weekly blogging just a couple of months back.”
1. What is the main focus of your blog?
The main focus of my blog is beauty and lifestyle. I love reviewing the latest products I have tried and loved, as well as writing about events I’ve attended and place I’ve been. Really anything I love, I think this is a must with blogging, you’ve got to love the subject!
2. Who or
what inspired you to blog?
I actually had to start a blog for my college course nearly five years ago now, we were meant to write weekly about things we’ve been doing on the course and just in general. I never did though… oops. But now it has become a passion and love of mine, I just love going away into the blogging universe and just writing.”
3. Who are your top 3 in your collaboration wishlist (bloggers or brands) and why?
1) The Body Shop.. I love all their products, along with them being great for my sensitive skin!
2) PROPERCORN… I’ve worked previously with them after they sent me a chest full of their popcorn, I would love to work with them again.
3) Dorkface aka Jemma… She’s an amazing blogger and the founder of The Girl Gang, would love to do a little collab with her
4. Which beauty products do you swear by?
I absolutely adore any moisturisers, with having sensitive skin I have to be careful on what I use. I adore nice smelling ones and especially when they work to leave my skin hydrated.
5. What’s your everyday makeup routine?
I don’t wear make-up, so I don’t have a make-up routine!
6. Which 3 items in your wardrobe could you not live without?
Ooohh, this is a tricky question! There’s quite a lot of things in my wardrobe that I love! I would probably have to say my fluffy winter socks. I seem to always be wearing them now it’s winter, they are super comfy. Along with my hoodies, they are my life during the colder months, I love snuggling into them. Especially my thick winter one! Last but not least, my leggings. If you know me, you would know that’s all I wear on a daily basis.
7. Who’s style would you love to steal and why?
There’s no one I really follow in the fashion depart, I would probably just say anyone that’s stylish tbh.
8. What has been your greatest achievement as a blogger?
My greatest achievement as a blogger, woow, there’s been so much recently as I’ve achieved a lot! I achieved a thousand views on my blog! Along with 100 likes. I also achieved 500 followers on Twitter, I am quickly heading to 600, I’m hoping to do this before the New Year. I have also made a lot more friends, there’s some really nice people in the blogging community and I have loved meeting them.
9. How do you like to switch off and relax?
To switch off and relax I either play games on my PS4 or I just chill with the other half. I also tend to just write a little but not stress over it, just some causal writing on my blog. I try not stress out about my blog posts, so if i have some spare time I live to do some catching up with it all.
10. Finally… if you could offer one piece of advice to other bloggers – what would it be?
The biggest piece of advice I could give to a blogger is to not give up. Do it for yourself and no-one else, blogging is my passion and I do it because I love it. Recently I lost all my scheduled and draft posts after someone hacked and deleted them. I was ready to give up but I didn’t want them to win. Never give up despite the bad things that happen.
Until next time my lovelies!